Struggling with chemistry? Here’s how I can help.
- Personalized tutoring to attack your struggles. I pinpoint your area of struggle, whether that is comprehension, application, test anxiety, or seeing a problem and having no idea how which concept to use. Then I work with you to fix your specific struggle areas, with ultimate goal of improve your grades.
- Customized explanations to fit your learning style. I explain concepts in multiple ways to figure out your learning style, then I gear all my future explanations to fit your specific learning style.
- Learn how to study smart: I will teach you a study system that allows you to get better grades while studying less. I used the same system to get a 3.93 GPA at UC Berkeley while only studying for 2 hours a day
- Step by step assistance on homework so you can breeze through homework without the headaches but still completely understand how to do the problems
- Confidence to do well in chemistry. You’ll walk into exams with complete confidence because you understand the material so well.
- Most people approach unfamiliar questions in the wrong way. Learn a step-by-step process that will allow you to answer any questions the teacher throws at you.
- Individualized attention. Get all your questions answered in a timely manner.
- Flexible times to work according to your schedule
- No commitment. We meet only when you need help
- Follow up emails on any question I could not answer or any concepts I could not explain during the tutoring session
What you can expect from tutoring
Almost all students improve at least one letter grades. Many improve more than one.
When students start doing well in a class they’ve struggled in before, they start to develop confidence that they can do well in all classes.
As weird as it may sounds, students actually start to enjoy chemistry & find it interesting when they understand it.
How does online tutoring work?
- Contact me at email@example.com to set up a date and time
- I tutor through Zoom. If you don’t already have it, download Zoom
- I’ll send you a Paypal invoice which you can pay before tutoring with a Paypal account or credit card. I can also charge you on Venmo.
- After I receive the payment, I’ll send you a link that you’ll click on at the scheduled meeting time to connect via Zoom
- Before we meet, you’ll have to send me a pdf, files, or picture of the problems you want to go over to my email. You can use your phone to take the pictures.
- During our sessions, I will go over concepts / problems on an online collaborative whiteboard. You’ll be able to see what I write in real time. You can also write on the whiteboard.
- After our sessions, I will send you the notes containing everything we went over.
- If there is any question I was unable to answer during the session, I’ll send you a full detailed explanation within 6 hours.
Frequency Asked Questions (FAQ)
There are other tutors out there. What makes me different?
Specialized Chemistry Tutoring
Unlike other tutors who teach every subject imaginable, I ONLY tutor chemistry. What this means for you is that I can explain concepts in multiple ways until you “get it”. With over 4000 hours of chemistry tutoring under my belt, you can be confident that I will be able to answer any questions you ask. I’ve helped students with problems ranging from those who were so far behind they didn’t know where to start to those who just couldn’t make the jump for a B to an A. And I can help you reach your goal.
Guidance Beyond Tutoring
I don’t focus solely on comprehension of the class material. Acing the class involves more than just understanding the material. Sure comprehension is important, but if you can’t apply the material, then your grade will suffer. If you can’t deconstruct a problem, and figure out which concept to use, your grade will plummet. If you can’t select the right answer among answers that all sound somewhat correct, your grade will drop. Etc. I help you improve on all these areas so that when the exam comes around, you’ll be ready to rock it.
Learn How to Study Smart
I won’t just teach you chemistry. I will also teach you a study system that maximizes your efficiency so you finish your homework faster. Using this system, you’ll be able study less while still get good grades. Personally I used this study system at UC Berkeley and it allowed me to get a 3.93 GPA while only studying for two hours a day. This system is extremely easy to implement and it will help you get higher grades in high school and in college. Most tutors don’t even teach you basic study skills.
Online Tutoring Testimonials
What past students say about tutoring with Michael
“I used Michael as a chem 1A (general chem) tutor and couldn’t thank him enough. Michael was able to break down chemistry in an easy, understandable way which made the subject much less overwhelming. He is patient, understanding, and clear on his explanations. I was a bit skeptical in the beginning about utilizing Skype for a tutoring session, but it ended up being incredibly convenient. Michael uses an online system where I can see everything he’s writing as well as any documents or web searches he pulls up on his desktop. He was also very flexible on times so if I had a quick pre-exam question, it was easy to “meet” up and receive explanation for my question, even if it was just a quick 10 minutes. I took chemistry as a prerequisite for physician assistant programs so I needed to do well in the class. Before I began tutoring sessions with Michael I was extremely concerned about not excelling and by the end of the course, with Michael’s amazing assistance, I received an A!”
“ After getting a D on the first midterm and a 37% on the second, I really didn’t think I’d pass chemistry. But after getting Michaels help on the third midterm and the final, I not only passed the class but ended the class with a solid B! (And got an A on the final!). I was kind of hesitant at first with the tutoring being over Skype and not in person. But the Skype tutoring turned out to be excellent! Michael had a notepad that he shared on the screen for me to follow along as he showed me step by step how to solve the problems. The way he explained everything to me made so much sense (during lectures I was always so lost)! Something that stood out a lot to me about Michael was that he was familiar with my specific professor, professor head gorden. This helped a lot because Michael was always following along with what we were learning at each time and his tutoring was targeted towards the types of problems that professor head gorden would put on tests. The tutoring was very efficient. I would usually compile a long list of concepts that I didn’t understand prior to the tutoring session, and almost every time we were able to cross all the items off the list in just an hour! If you’re like I was and struggling to make it through Chem, I highly recommend Michael as a tutor. If I have a hard time in Ochem, I know I’ll be asking Michael for help again!”
“ Michael is hands-down the best, most upbeat, positive, and helpful tutor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. When I first started working with Michael, I was nearing the end of my first semester of chemistry, was struggling with the concepts, and desperately needed to bring my exam scores up. From the beginning, he was super flexible with his scheduling and hours, and was very patient and understanding. He always took the time to break down problems and demonstrate different problem-solving strategies that were easy to understand.
It was very immediate to me that chemistry was like second-nature for Michael and that he truly understood the material. Not only did he explain concepts in detail to me, Michael also made sure to challenge me by asking questions about previous material we’ve covered as well as how I would arrive at the problem we were dealing with. He took the time to understand my approach to chemistry and coached me where I needed the most help. After only a few sessions with Michael, I saw my exam scores shoot up from low C’s to high B’s/low A’s.
At first I was unsure how tutoring through skype would be, but it was actually very convenient. Michael uses a system that allows you to see everything he is writing as well as any documents he pulls up.
Overall, I would recommend Michael in a heartbeat to anyone who needs help in chemistry. He is not your average tutor, but instead shows a genuine interest in helping his students succeed.”
Pricing for Tutoring
You’re not just getting any tutor. You’re getting expert level academic guidance from the top 1% of chemistry tutors.
Contact Michael Today